Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Quick trip to Culver, Indiana

First, I can't believe that it's October already.  The fall is my favorite time of year, but October is the month that I return back to teaching in just a few weeks, so I'll need to get ready to transition to the life of a working mom soon!
That is why, tomorrow, David and I are taking advantage of the little time that I have left in my maternity leave to drive Reagan up to Culver, Indiana, for a quick weekend trip to visit both sets of grandparents and her aunts and uncles!
The senior girls on the Culver Academies' golf team that David's dad, Fred, coaches planned a golf tournament for this weekend in Fred's honor to raise awareness and funds toward kidney disease care and research.  We are excited to introduce Reagan to the magical place where her mommy and daddy met six years ago!
The Culver Alumni Department was so nice to send a baby blanket (made of the soft sweatshirt material!) with the Culver emblem colored in pink to Reagan last week!

This is the first time that I have needed to pack for a baby.  I've packed a doggy suitcase for Hank's toys, food and other supplies, but that's a different story!
 We did have some fun this afternoon in modeling her Baby Gap jeans from her Aunt Amy P!  I was searching for her closet and mentally preparing what to pack for Reagan, so I wouldn't feel too overwhelmed tomorrow before we leave.
 I came across these jeans that were big on her a few weeks ago, and now they're pretty snug!
 I need to break out of her routine of wearing onesies all the time.... even though they're SO easy to put on and take off in the middle of chaos going on in my apartment, but at the rate that Reagan is growing, she will be too big for many of her cute dresses that I have forgotten about!
We'll have a tight car with a dog, a baby in a car seat, two golf bags and packed bags for me and David, but it's going to be difficult not to pack all of her cute clothes for the weekend!  Hank may have to sacrifice his luxurious space in the backseat that he is used to for the baby and her essentials on this car ride!


Although the 8-hour drive for the first time with a newborn baby is a little intimidating, we are fortunate to pass through Cincinnati when we travel between Knoxville and our families' homes up in Indiana and Wisconsin, so that we can always take a break to visit with David's grandma, and Reagan's great grandma, Trudy.

We are excited to bring her to Cincinnati for the first time on our way back from Culver Sunday, so she can meet all of her Great Grandma Trudy's friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment