Saturday, December 17, 2016

Max has his 1st fall... counting our blessings!!! Dec. 10, 2016

A week ago from today, Max fell down the front two steps of our cement front porch.

It scared me to death!  BACKGROUND:  It's just me with the two kids when David works his normal hours at the golf course on a Saturday afternoon (Dec. 10, 2016), and I am with both kids on the front porch, they are in matching sweat shirts given to them by David's parents, and I decide to take a picture of them sitting together on the front porch.

I am only 2 feet away from both kids on the front porch, and Max topples over slowly, even as I watch him in motion, and I am not able to get to him fast enough to save him from hitting his head on the cement.  The image will be permanent in my head for a long time.

There was no blood, Max did not become unconscious, nor did he cry more than he usually does when he is hungry or tired, but the fact that Max hit his head on cement scared me A LOT.

So, I felt better about taking him to the hospital on a Saturday afternoon and knowing that I could let Max sleep without me waking him up in the middle of the night and getting good results from X-rays of his head that he had no broken bones in his brain, since I was the only one who really saw Max's fall, besides Reagan.

I am thankful that my mother-in-law, Nancy, was able to come with me to the ER in downtown Knoxville with both Max and Reagan.  Reagan behaved so well and was a good trooper for the several hours that we spent during the drives to and from the hospital and in the hospital as we waited for the examinations of Max.

Max is just fine now, a week later... I know that he and Reagan may have worse situations come in the future, but I just wasn't ready yet for a HEAD INJURY ON CEMENT with a 9-MONTH OLD yet!!!  I'm so thankful that Max is doing well, and I couldn't imagine my life without our sweet Reagan and Max!










No comments:

Post a Comment