Thursday, February 19, 2015

ICED for the week!

I was shocked because I thought that the weather was getting a little better down here in Tennessee by this afternoon (Thursday), but I got the fourth phone call of the week from school to say that we would be out again on Friday due to the harsh weather conditions.  I'm not going to lie... it's been really nice to catch up on my sleep, working on taxes, actually getting caught up on laundry and, frankly, getting caught up on everything else in life!  It was especially sweet to spend some quality time with Reagan at home this week.  It almost makes me want to be a stay-at-home mom so I don't miss all this QT with her, but David is right when he says that I would probably go crazy, knowing my personality of being a workaholic and not being able to continue my teaching career.  All in all, it's been a nice break in the middle of February.
 David brought Reagan to Fairways & Greens today to visit friends.  She sported her sunglasses and looked sassy doing it!  
 Just look at all that attitude on that baby face!
 Reagan is definitely teething, and she's been showing it lately as she has been chewing on my and David's fingers a lot!
 We don't see any teeth yet, but her gums are definitely hard, so I'm sure that we'll see some teeth come through soon!  

I decided to try the green beans again with Reagan (with EXTRA rice cereal mixed in, of course, to get rid of some of the yucky green bean flavor) because we had been feeding to her the squash the past week and even I was getting sick of the squash smell.  

However, I think Reagan remember the infamous mushed green beans from a few weeks ago when we first started feeding solids to her, and her look of confusion and consequential frown appeared immediately on her face after taking the first bite of the green beans (with lots of rice cereal mixed in).
 Well, she ate some of it... I bought about six more mini containers of these mushed green beans that are sitting in our kitchen cabinets, so I thought we'd start Round 2 of green beans before moving onto the fruits.
 Several people have told us to "start with veggies before fruits" because it's more difficult for babies to eat the veggies later on if they get hooked on the sweeter, sugary flavor of the fruits right away.
 Ooops, we already have given her a few bites of the Bomb Pops that David shares with Reagan, so she might already have the sugar rush from popsicles before even having had fruit yet!

Well, Reagan had fun making a mess of the green beans anyway!  Oh the adventures of staying home with a baby and not getting much else of anything done around the apartment... but she's the most important on the To Do list anyway!!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment