Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snowy Tennessee!

It has been a strange few weeks this February in Tennessee!  The local schools, including mine, have called off school for snow/ice days, six total so far I think.  I know a lot of people around here are already getting cabin fever, but I'm not complaining!  It's been fun to hang out more with Reagan and Hank at home, and David for once, on his two days off during the week, Tuesday and Wednesday, since normally we don't share a day off from work together, as he works the weekends.  We were off all of last week, extending our school "February Break" and then we returned to school this past Monday, but got off school today and now tomorrow, too.

Reagan seems like she has already grown a lot just in these last two weeks when I've been home with her.  She's sitting up by herself, ALMOST standing up by herself, but not yet crawling.  And her hair is growing like CRAZY!!!  I'm so tempted to trim her bangs because the hair is reaching down to her eyebrows.  The day care teachers always remark how long it is, too!  Instead of cutting her hair just yet, David styles it with water in the morning so that it parts to one side, and the day care teacher told me this morning how much she liked Reagan's new do.  I can't wait to put her hair in pigtails!
 She'll roll from one side (back to belly, moving first onto her left shoulder when she rolls to her belly), but she doesn't move from that position and gets sick of "tummy time" pretty quickly after that.
 I have a feeling that she's one of those babies that will skip crawling completely and go straight to walking instead.
 I LOVE the picture of the face that Reagan makes below.  It's the expression that she always makes immediately after she finishes a bottle of milk and then falls asleep.  She's so peaceful!
 Below, I dressed Reagan up ready to go to our high school's girls' basketball game, and Hank was entertaining Reagan before we left by grabbing one of his stuffed animal toys and shaking it furiously, as he often does in our apartment.  Reagan could not stop giggling!  Baby laughs are the best.
 Today, we ventured out to take Hank on a walk in the snow that keeps building up here in Tennessee and just doesn't seem to melt away.
 Reagan wore her new 9-month fox onesie that I picked up on my Costco trip today and her favorite winter hat, which we really didn't think she would make as much use of her as she has this past winter in Tennessee!
 Reagan seemed to like the fresh air and snow!  And, lately, Reagan has been absolutely FASCINATED with Hank.  She watches his every move.  I think she and Hank will become very good friends, especially when she learns to grab her food and throw it on the floor!
 Below, I took a picture of some snowmen (with cat ears???) that some residents of our apartment built in the middle of the apartment residence.  We do have a lot of snow for a winter in Tennessee, the most that I've seen in my five years here in Knoxville.  Everyone keeps referring to the "Blizzard of '93" that happened here in Knoxville, and while it sounds like we're having a rough winter storm in February here, it sounds like it's not as bad as that infamous blizzard that people have been telling me about since I moved here in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment