Thursday, March 5, 2015

7 months! Feb. 28th (late post)

Reagan turned 7 months on Sat. Feb. 28th!  I was in Atlanta with David for his college roommate's wedding last weekend, so my mom took over the job of taking Reagan's monthly photo shoot.  She took care of Reagan in Knoxville while Reagan's parents spent the weekend away from the baby for the first time in her little life so far!  Thanks, Mom, for helping out!
My mom did a great job with the cute pics and the white board... she even brought some new outfits for Reagan to wear, because she is quickly growing out of all the hand-me-downs and new outfits from our baby shower, those 9-month and 12-month clothes that I remember thinking, "Wow, these clothes look so tiny on our tiny newborn now and will be stored away for an entire year from now" last spring at our baby showers.  Regs is growing fast and well!  She has her next check-up appointment at nine months in April.
Reagan is sitting up well on her own without our support and can roll from her back to belly.  She always rolls toward her left shoulder to get on her belly, and then when she does, she does not like to stay on her stomach for "tummy time" for a long time... We've tried to distract her with toys to keep her on her tummy and strengthen those abs, so she can get ready to crawl, but we haven't had any luck for the last two months.  However, we practice with her to stand up on her own, putting weight on her legs and holding her against the coffee table, so that she might just skip the crawling part and go straight to walking!
Reagan is making more noises, but of course not saying any words yet.  I'll yell "BONJOURRRR!!!!"" to her from a distance before I approach her crib in the morning to get her ready for day care, and she immediately recognizes mommy's obnoxious French greeting in the morning!  Reagan will occasionally sleep through the night, but more often than not, she will go to sleep at 8:00-9:00 PM and then wake up at 4:00-5:00 AM.  We try to change and feed her quickly during her early morning wake-up, so we can quickly put her down for a quick family nap before we all head to our separate school/work destinations.
We don't see any teeth in Reagan's mouth yet, but both David and I can feel the teeth beneath her lower gums.  She is definitely drooling a lot more and spitting a lot and sticking out her tongue!
I went to our Kroger grocery store the other day to buy some more baby food, and I thought that I better take a look at the all the packages again to see if we are feeding Reagan the correct baby food.
 It said on the Gerber baby product labels that "Stage 1" is for "supported sitter" babies and "Stage 2" labeled foods are for the "sitter."  Reagan clearly did make the leap to "sitter," so I explored these "Stage 2" options... there were some interesting combos.
 Me, being the very indecisive shopper, purchased one of each of the samples, except the Macaroni and Cheese purée package, because I thought we better stick to veggies, fruits and try chicken, before mixing in cheese.   I am definitely learning something new every new milestone in Reagan's life as we take care of her!
 David was shocked when I told him what I bought and what I did not buy, and he was probably a little upset inside that his Wisconsinite wife purchased every kind of Stage 2 food concoction except for the Macaroni and Cheese.  After all of this ice and snow goes away in Knoxville, I'll make another trip to Kroger and get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment