Sunday, March 22, 2015

Talking to Teddy?

Reagan will be 8 months in just six days, and she is changing A LOT.  While Reagan is not crawling yet or hardly moving beyond her one roll-over from her back to her belly, she is babbling a lot and becoming much more observant of her surroundings.  Instead of crying anymore, she'll simply yell "BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH" until someone comes to get her when she wakes up and is ready to get out of the crib.  Or, she'll make moaning sounds and widen her eyes with an evil stare at you when you don't feed her the mashed bananas fast enough! She still laughs every time I sing to her an enthusiastic "BONJOOOOUUR!" in the morning, so I'm hoping that'll be her first word!

Anyway, below I posted a series of pictures of her sitting with her teddy bear on the rocking chair in the nursery, because while I was changing the sheet from her crib, I needed to sit her down somewhere nearby so I could have a pair of free hands.  While I was finishing up changing the sheet, I noticed that Reagan was poking around with the teddy bear and making sounds as if she were trying to communicate with this stuffed animal.  I thought it was adorable and was a sign that she's maturing with her attempts to communicate and notice her surroundings, both people and things.

BELOW: Reagan in the rocking chair on Aug. 4, 2014 (1 week old)

 BELOW: Reagan in the rocking chair on Mar. 22, 2015 (almost 8 months old)

Also, it's like time flashed before my eyes because I remember the little 1-week old Reagan sitting in this same rocking chair in early August 2014.  Back then, Reagan was struggling to sit up and used the stuffed elephant toy for support.  Now in March, Reagan is pushing around these bad boy toys and sitting up like a champ!













I really WISHED that this picture below was not so blurry because I thought it was so cute how it appears that Reagan is really looking into the teddy bear's eyes and trying to get the bear to listen to her! :)















No comments:

Post a Comment