Thursday, December 4, 2014

4-month doctor's check-up

I dropped off Reagan at Day Care (day #4) this morning, and then picked her up at 1:00 PM for her 4-month doctor's appointment down the street.

She was only 10 minute into her afternoon nap, according to the day care teachers, and so I felt just awful waking her up to leave for the doctor's appointment!  Poor thing was going to be cranky from this interruption of her nap, and then she wasn't going to have too much fun at her 4-month appointment when she would get some shots!

Reagan has been just an angel at day care.  She's received great reports every day.  I actually came in early this morning to day care because I had an appointment before my first class, so while I waited for the teacher to take Reagan from me, I snapped a shot of the white board because I wanted to get to know the names of her playmates in her "infant room" at day care.  Only eight infants are allowed in a room, to allow the 1:4 ratio of day care teachers to infants, per law.  I think I messed up a few of the playmates' names in my last blog post.  So, here, we have: Pooja, Haven, Cash, Gabby, Atticus, Reagan, Aria and Corrina.  The girls outnumber the boys!


I forgot to add in my last blog post that the day care teachers took a really cute photo of Reagan when she was smiling!  This was before her afternoon temper tantrum on Tuesday when David and I both came to pick her up.  They printed the picture for us, and I added it to our collection of Reagan photos on our refrigerator.


And, now for the 4-month appointment details... Reagan was very healthy! She weighed 14 pounds, 6 ounces, and placed in the 50th percentile.  She measured a length of 24 inches, placing in the 25th percentile.  Her head circumference measure 15 3/4 inches. 


I asked what I should be doing with Reagan to help her develop in these next two months until her 6-month check-up, and the doctor said that we should continue to talk and read to Reagan.
 Above is a photo of Reagan 10 minutes after she received her 4-month shots.  She was a trooper!  Yes, she screamed hysterically, but WOW were those big needles that they shot into her chubby little legs!  When they say it's harder on the mother than the baby, it's true!!!  I just tear up when I see those needles go into her baby thighs!  I held her close after the nurse left the room, and I knew that she was just ready to continue her nap time that I interrupted earlier when I picked her up from day care.

 And, so when I started driving home, Reagan was fast asleep, and I transferred her to the crib when we got home.

Below, in honor of #throwbackthursday, I found a picture of Reagan at 1 week old and then put it next to the picture of Reagan napping after getting her 4-month shots just this afternoon.  Oh my how she has grown!


No comments:

Post a Comment