Monday, December 1, 2014

Day ONE at Day Care

Reagan had a great first day at the day care center, according to her teachers!  They said that she was a little fussy after I dropped her off in the morning and then later in the afternoon, which is her normal "fussy time" at home.  

Speaking of not sleeping well and being cranky, Mommy almost slept in too late this morning because our stupid neighbors in the apartment next door were playing loud music, yelling and partying until about 3:00 in the morning, so we all lost a few hours of sleep.  Normally, when I go next door to knock on their door and tell them how I really feel about their obnoxious evening activities, they don't bother to answer the door, so I clearly remember pounding my fist on our wall to send them a message.  It was quieter, but they weren't ready to sleep yet.  So, instead of waking up at 6:00 AM, David nudged me at 7:05 AM and I jumped out of bed to use all 25 minutes wisely so that I could wash my face, put on makeup, get dressed, breastfeed, pack and label bottles, pack my school work, put Reagan in the carseat (which takes several minutes) and head down two flights of stairs with four bags on my shoulders and a carseat in my hands.  

Miraculously, we made it out the door on time to arrive at the day care at my expected 7:45 time.  And, David was able to take care of Hank and shower and get dressed to arrive to work on time.  It was a successful first day!  It's a little more hectic when we can't just hand over a baby to the grandmothers in the morning!  But I think day care will be a healthy routine for Reagan and it will David and I to continue working full-time.  

When I was talking to the day care teachers, they said that Reagan interacted well with the rest of the infants and finished all three bottles with 4-6 ounces of milk each that I brought in.  She had two "bowel movements" marked on her sheet with the day's notes--yikes!  The teachers said that Reagan is the youngest in the group right now as a 4-month old.  There is a 3-month old coming in January, and there is a 5-month old and then four-five other infants that are 7-11 months old.  We're fortunate that the day care center is conveniently close to both our apartment and my school.  I was even able to get in my first run in over three weeks after school today!  We're hoping that Reagan will have a god rest of the week with her little baby friends!  I met Karina, Haven, Ariana, and some other boys but I can't remember their names.  I took off the plastic booties that they require you to wear over your shoes before you walk into the daycare room and typed in my pin code to sign Reagan out before we headed home for a peaceful, rainy evening with Monday night football and time with Daddy.  Reagan fell asleep immediately in the carseat on our ride home.  It's only an eight-minute car ride from the day care center to our apartment, so she must have been really tired to fall asleep so fast!





No comments:

Post a Comment