Sunday, March 9, 2014

18 weeks: 17 questions

1) How far along? 18 weeks
2) Total weight gain?  I don't have a scale and still haven't weighed myself at a place where there is one in the last two weeks, so I have no idea, but I'm sure I have gained 3 pounds by now.
3) Maternity clothes? No, I'm still wearing "normal" clothes, but I can't hide my pudge anymore.  I'm getting weird looks at the grocery store, even when I wear what I think is a "loose tee-shirt."
4) Stretch marksNo, but I'm putting on the cocoa butter lotion on like crazy to prevent any marks that I can!
5) Sleep? I'm still sleeping as late as I can in the morning, giving myself about 25 minutes to get ready before driving to school.  It's a good thing I live 5 minutes away from work!
6) Best moment this week? I took a 3-hour nap Saturday afternoon which felt amazing.
7) Miss Anything? I miss my normal taste buds...I still can't figure out what I like and don't like to eat. It feels like my tongue lost its memory.  
8) Movement? No, but I've been trying to see if I can feel anything. I heard that I'm supposed to feel movement soon...
9) Food cravings? I have more food aversions than cravings now...I like salty and sweet.  I'll have chocolate milk at night to help me sleep better and to swallow the awful-tasting fish oil pill. (I ran out of the fish oil gummies and can't find them at Kroger anymore!)
10) Anything making you queasy or sick? Cooked vegetables and mint toothpaste.  It's a real struggle for me to brush my teeth every night. I'm still waiting for the night-time nausea to go away and to start feeling "cute" and the baby kicks in my 2nd trimester like my doctor promised! 
11) Gender? Girl
12) Labor Signs? No
13) Symptoms? Bloody gums still from flossing and I'm still having the strangest dreams every night
14) Belly Button in or out? In
15) Wedding rings on or off? On
16) Happy or Moody? Just tired!  I'm ready for Spring Break.
17) Looking forward to what?  Spring Break in 4 days and the Ritt parents coming down to Knoxville next weekend!

**Some friends down here have told me that I need to start looking at daycare options already.  They said April is the month to sign up for the next school year for day care.  Yikes!! I didn't know I needed to think about daycare this early.  I guess that our daycare search will be moved up to #1 on our priority list.  I already started looking online a little, and it makes me nervous that no daycare will list its prices.


**When I picked up some milk and flowers from a Kroger grocery store today, I walked down the diaper aisle on my way to the checkout lanes,

and I couldn't believe the prices of diapers!  And, a colleague told me last week that it is normal to go through 8-10 diapers per day.  Oh geez!  


Below are my 18-week "bump" photos.  I'm starting to feel the stretch and the belly pushing out.  But it's hard for me to really "see" the difference from the last few weeks because I look at my belly every morning in the mirror and don't notice the small growth changes. 


The pictures are from David's bathroom.  That's not my razor, hair gel or cologne.


No comments:

Post a Comment