Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Peaches returns to the Peach State

So, "Peaches" and her parents made a return to the state in which she was born, The Peach State.

Although, we did not go all the way down to the city of Albany, where I came out of my mother's womb.  We drove 3 hours south to Marietta, Georgia, on Monday after my 19-week OBGYN appointment to visit my aunt, uncle, cousins and families.


A highlight was when my parents, aunt, uncle and I made a shopping trip to the nearby Babies "R" Us store.  My Uncle D seemed more excited than any of us as he was helping me to pick out everything from breast pumps to pregnancy belly casting kits... neither of which I am in dire need right now, but it was a first for me to see such "fun" products!



Aunt M and Uncle D were very gracious and gave us our first baby shower gifts.  One "gift" that I especially appreciated from them was the watermelon-flavored toothpaste!  I had been writing in my recent blog posts about how I could hardly force myself to use my mint-flavored toothpaste and it did not even occur to me to ask my Aunt M, who had been a dental hygienist all her life, about any ideas for "helping" me to overcome this aversion to the mint flavor.   

The watermelon toothpaste worked wonders and I'm so glad she found it for me!  I feel like a kid again, and that's okay!


Below are some pictures taken by my Aunt M during our visit to her home in Georgia.  

My dad and his sister, my Aunt M

 Cousins D, wife M and Uncle D

Cousin H and me

Cousin H, me and Booze

Me, Aunt M and 2nd Cousin K  (picture from Don)


No comments:

Post a Comment