Sunday, March 30, 2014

21 weeks: 17 questions

1) How far along? 21 weeks  (only 133 days to go!)
2) Total weight gain?  Maybe 7 pounds? I don't have a scale but I heard
that it's normal to gain 1 pound a week at this point, so that would make me 139 pounds.
3) Maternity clothes? Yes, kind of... I need to start wearing the bigger, loose shirts from my closet because my tight shirts and sweaters won't cover my belly at work.  But I haven't bought any so-called maternity tops, just pants.
4) Stretch marksNope
5) Sleep? I still feel exhausted all the time, and especially last week after getting back into the classroom routine following Spring Break, when I was also finishing up writing comments on all my students for 3rd quarter. 
6) Best moment this week? Several!  I reserved a spot and paid registration for a daycare that is super close to us and has good facilities and staff.  Unfortunately we couldn't get in until December but we are on the waiting list for any openings that pop up in October. Second, my cousin, Allison, in Connecticut gave birth to her second baby girl on the same day that my other cousin, Kim, celebrated her birthday (March 26th), which is exciting!  Also, my friend, Amy P., and I treated ourselves to a mani-pedi at our favorite cheap salon down the street because it had been a while since we've gone there and seen each other! Lastly, David's parents, Nancy and Fred, and good friends, Al and Blair, came to visit us in Knoxville on their way back from Florida and on through to Indiana during their spring break. 
7) Miss Anything? Sleep and going on walks with David and Hank.  David has been working a lot lately, and the the rainy weather has stopped us from going on our usual "family walks."
8) Movement? No, not yet!  Some nights, I will rest in bed and see if I can feel any little movement in my lower stomach area before I fall asleep, but I don't feel anything that could resemble something like "baby movement." I can only feel my own my pulse in my body. I'm hoping this week that she'll start kicking!
9) Food cravings? I've been eating more red meat, like meat loaf at school and then a hamburger when we went out with David's parents and the Clarks last night. It must mean I need more protein!
10) Anything making you queasy or sick?  Nothing in particular this week. 
11) Gender? Girl
12) Labor Signs? No
13) Symptoms? Nothing dramatic, but same stuff: exhaustion, nausea at night, and weird dreams on a nightly basis
14) Belly Button in or out? I think it's in, but David thinks it is out now.  I call it "out" when it's a big nub that is clearly elevated from my stomach! 
15) Wedding rings on or off? On
16) Happy or Moody?  Happy but tired from this school week!
17) Looking forward to what?  The month of April, and April 1st is finally coming up on Tuesday!  My birthday is on April 20th, and I have several family and friends who also have April birthdays.  David and I are going on a "baby moon / birthday" trip for my birthday / Easter weekend to Connecticut.  Also, I checked the forecast, and it's going to be a high of 79 degrees in Knoxville on Wednesday!  People have warned me about the difficulty of being an extremely pregnant woman during the hot, summer weather in Knoxville, but I don't think I'll ever complain about it, or I can just hop in a pool every day!




 21-week belly pictures

First, these are pictures that I asked David to take:





Then, I took some more because he had enough and didn't want to be the photographer anymore:





No comments:

Post a Comment