Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Random reflections

Just some thoughts I had:

**I saw the label on a salad dressing bottle in our refrigerator today with the expiration date of October 2014, and just thought how our kid will be 2 months already by then!


**I took Hank on a walk today because it was so nice... almost 80 degrees this afternoon in Knoxville!

I'm normally not supposed to walk our 110-pound dog, per the doctor's orders, but I drove him to a park where we're not near traffic, so I can let go of his lease if he chases after an animal.


**Before I began one of my Spanish classes this afternoon, one of my female students in class randomly asked me in English, "Isn't it weird for you that you have a little human in your belly right now??"  She caught me off guard, and I just started laughing.  Yikes, it's just so funny to think that this is what my students think about when they see me walking around the classroom with my belly bump.  Then, I said "Yeah, she is weighs about one pound now!"  And, then another girl exclaimed, "You've only gained one pound?!  I thought women gained 40 pound when they're pregnant. Wow!" But I said again, "No, the baby is one pound... I have gained about 10 pounds by now."  And she said, "Oh."  I would pay some money to know what is going on my male students' heads.


**As much as I LOVE the month of April, I always get nervous on April 1st as a teacher with the fear that my high school students are plotting some April Fool's Day pranks on me.  Nothing crazy happened.  Maybe they felt sympathy for the tired and growing pregnant lady!


**Is there really only 40 days until we start the 3rd trimester?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment