Monday, April 21, 2014

Connecticut "Babymoon"

David and I had a really wonderful weekend in Connecticut, and we want to thank friends, Max and Jess, and my cousin, Allison, and her husband Nick and their girls for hosting us this past weekend!

Below are some photos and highlights from our Babymoon / Easter / Birthday (me and Allison) celebration weekend:


David enjoys his Margarona/Coronita at the Ruby Tuesday's in the Knoxville airport before we board our plane Thursday afternoon.

My waitress gave me a to-go plastic bag for my last chicken finger, so I could save it for my "pregnant snack" later on the plane.  (And, I had a small glass of wine before boarding the plane...my first glass in months...NOT a good idea before going up in the air.  I was resting in David's lap and he fanned me with a magazine during most of the flight to the LaGuardia airport in NYC.)

We just finished our "snacks" and are about to board the plane. 

The Ruby Tuesday's at the Knoxville airport during happy hour was busy!  Time to board the plane!

Jess and Max picked us up from the LaGuardia Airport Thursday night, and then we had some great Mexican food in Norwalk, CT.  The next day, Jess showed me the variety of quality grocery food and variety of entertainment, including music, puppets, outdoor petting zoo, food samples inside and a free ice cream cone option for purchases over $100, at the Stew Leonard's grocery stores found in Connecticut.  It was quite an experience!



Jess and I are comparing our almost identical 24-week belly bumps.

To think, our husbands were fraternity brothers and golf teammates together at Washington & Lee, and now they share the same wedding year and birth month of their first children, both daughters!  It's like it was meant to be!

I followed Max and David to throw a frisbee and walk their dog, Roxy, to the park.  Well, I went on the swing and watched them throw a frisbee. 


Then we went to hit some golf balls at the local driving range on Good Friday.  Well, I hit a few, and then sunbathed on the hill on the side while watching David and Max hit some balls. 





David and Max hang out with Roxy in the backyard. 



Saturday night, David and I went to Allison and Nick's house in Connecticut, an hour away from Jess and Max's home.  We played with Taylor and her princess castle in her bedroom before dinner. 

Nick watches on after he turns up the radio on the bed table behind him and Taylor dances up a storm!  (Her mother and mother's cousins would be proud!  If only Taylor were around circa 1994 with the famous Florida dancing group...)

I'm holding Allison's newborn, Ella, for the first time!

She was so good, and only spit up on me once!  It wasn't even that gross!  :)

David meets Baby Ella.



I think he's ready for August!


I love the expression on Ella's face!

I don't think Ella's expression changed in this picture with her mother!  Cute!

David entertains two-year old sister Taylor by rolling a golf ball, that he found in his pocket, down the slide and cheering her on for distance every time. 

It entertained Taylor for a good 45 minutes.  We also taught her some Spanish like "pelota" and how to "bump it."

After a delicious dinner of burgers, salad and my favorite, the "campfire potatoes," and my other favorite, Allison made a chocolate cookie and whipped cream dessert with raspberries (forgive me, Allison, I don't know what you call it!), here are our several attempts to get a "girls" picture...

It was Taylor's cheese and hotdog snack time, so it probably wasn't a good time to interrupt her!



Cheers for more girl great granddaughters in the family!


Max was very nice to invite David to play with him twice at the Winged Foot Golf Club in  Mamaroneck, NY last weekend.  They met former NHL player, Chris Drury, at the bar and enjoyed two rounds on the tough course. After they came home from their Sunday morning round, David brought me back a peach-colors birthday card to wish me a "TURTLEY awesome birthday SHELLebration" and a bouquet of roses.  He also brought home my favorite: a mint oreo ice cream birthday cake.  David did pretty well!

Max shows me my birthday cake.  We couldn't wait and had some for lunch.



I don't want to make a habit of taking pictures of ALL of our baby gifts, but the clothes are just too much for me sometimes!  Jess, Max, Allison and Nick all gave us some cute baby clothes (and duck!) that I just loved.
To show his thanks to Max and Jess for hosting us at their home, David does a little yard work on one of the first spring days in Connecticut this year. 

He wanted to see how the non-gas mower worked, and ended up doing the whole yard!

 We relaxed on their patio Sunday afternoon. 




David hangs out on the playground with the bizarre "ab workout" equipment among the slides and swings, before we start the competitive tennis match!

Here's a picture of the LOSERS...

...Us!  But it was a lot of fun, and the guys and the pregnant women got in some exercise!

 ...And, the winners!  

 We set up for grilling some burgers for my "birthday dinner" and enjoyed our last night at Jess and Max's house. 



I loved the salad that Jess made... It was almost too pretty to eat!


 Here's their adorable dog, Roxy.  One day, she will meet Hank!

And, we end the trip with a "selfie" photo on our flight from NYC to Knoxville.  No make up, unbuttoned shirt, don't care...  Thanks, Adlers and Loucks, for a great weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment