Monday, March 3, 2014

17 weeks: 17 questions

1) How far along?  17 weeks, 1 day
2) Total weight gain? 4 pounds? I haven't weighed myself lately, but I'm around 135. 
3) Maternity clothes? No. I'm trying to wear my "normal" clothes for as long as possible. 
4) Stretch marks? None that I see!  But I'm feeling "the stretch"!
5) Sleep? Getting lots of it!
6) Best moment this week? Seeing family and friends at Caroline (David's sister) and Stefan's wedding in Cincinnati! Also, I finally announced my pregnancy to my students (through Twitter in Spanish and French, since we've been using Twitter for class activities this year).  While I thought that I did a good job of hiding any bump or symptoms, a few kids came up to me and said, "Oh yeah, we've definitely known for three weeks that you were pregnant!"  What?!?!
7) Miss Anything? I miss coaching the track team a little this spring season, but I've been so tired and nauseous at night, that I couldn't imagine making it through the day with both teaching and coaching. 
8) Movement? No.  I'll put my hand on my belly and be still to see if I feel anything this early at 17 weeks, but nothing.  I hope soon!

9) Food cravings? When I feel nauseous at 8:00 and later, watermelon is still my go-to food that always makes me feel better before going to bed.  I've been eating it the "southern style" by putting some salt on it, like our friends down here told us they do.  Oh, and I also had a cup of A1 sauce and ketchup mixed together.  I don't think it's that gross, but David made a big deal about it. 
10) Anything making you queasy or sick? The mint toothpaste when I brush my teeth still makes me gag at night.  Some nights I just can't do it, but end up waking up at 4:00 AM and then getting it over with. 
11) Gender? Girl!  We have a few names picked out. 

12) Labor Signs? No
13) Symptoms? My gums are starting to bleed a little when I floss my teeth.  I read that this is common. 
14) Belly Button in or out? In
15) Wedding rings on or off? On
16) Happy or Moody? Happy, but tired at night!
17) Looking forward to what? Finishing up my piles of grading this week, so I can relax in two weeks when we have Spring Break! Also, my next appointment is in two weeks, when I'll be 19 weeks. 

Here are my 17-week belly pictures.  See any difference from last week? Even if it doesn't look different, I am definitely starting to feel a stretch in my stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment