Tuesday, August 12, 2014

2 weeks old!

Reagan is 2 weeks old! 
It was a little difficult to prop Reagan up in the chair and to snap a photo with my phone at the same time this week because my mom wasn't here to help with the set-up, but I got a few decent photos.  Also, Reagan started to get grumpy because she started pooping in her diaper in the middle of our photo session, and so we needed to take a break and do an outfit change.  







I didn't get to post these pictures until today because the Comcast internet at our apartment has been incredibly annoying and not working at all.  Finally, David called them up today from a Starbucks (because our cell phones don't even work because of Comcast), and told them how frustrated we have been.  Ultimately, we ended up needing a new router, and he grabbed one at Best Buy this afternoon.  It was nice to have an excuse and not feel too guilty about being behind on work emails, even though technically I'm on maternity leave, but it was really annoying when I couldn't pay bills online or post pictures of our baby girl on the blog!

Rant done!  For now... until Comcast makes me angry again.  :/
David and I thought it was cute and ironic that both Grandma Nancy and Grandma Susan conveniently forgot their shoes, lotion and a cooler bag in our apartment after they had left to their homes in Indiana and Wisconsin following their time here in Tennessee during Reagan's first few weeks in the world.  We didn't think that they needed to come up with extra excuses to return back to Tennessee so soon, besides to see their adorable granddaughter!



Even on maternity leave, it's been hard to get some rest and relax away from work with Baby Reagan.  I'm trying not to get on my computer too much.  Additionally, when a few people told me that I will feel like a cow that milks all day, they were absolutely right.  My day is simply a repeated schedule of feeding, diaper-changing and putting Reagan to sleep every hour, except for the few lucky nights when she sleeps for a good 3-hour chunk.  I can hardly grab a solid 30 minutes of time to complete any task that doesn't relate to her during the day.  Instead of complaining about it, I've learned to enjoy my full days with Reagan that I have now until I return to work on Oct. 20th.  I'm hoping to use my maternity leave for what it's really meant for: to stay away from work and take care of a baby.

I was thankful for David's help today on his day off when he let me take care of some business at the DMV, do some grocery shopping and even get a 1-hour massage that felt so wonderful while he took care of Reagan most of the day.   As nice as it was to get a break from baby care, I did start missing Reagan already in the few hours that I was able to escape my apartment today.  I'm not sure how I'm going to go back to work full-time, figure out a good breast-feeding routine in between my packed class schedule away from kids at school or how to stay away from Reagan without getting emotional at school for a full day in October.  I'll need to learn how to keep up with work and family without using the few hours that I previously counted on every night to catch up on work and coaching, like I used to do before I was pregnant.  One big goal this year will be to balance work and family life, which I think I can do.  I'm just glad that I have a little time before I need to figure out how to do it yet!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like and sounds like you are doing a great job Mommy! Every day will be a new learning experience for Reagan and you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete