Monday, August 25, 2014

One month old!

Reagan is 1 month old today!  It's hard to believe because I still remember her birthday clearly and how easy the "pushing" was at the end before we saw her for the first time in the hospital room.  I did, however, have a very strong epidural, so I felt hardly any pain.

Here's some pictures from her 1-month photo shoot today:


I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of Reagan's tiny feet and hands.  I see them every day when I hold her, but I realized today that she won't be so tiny forever, and I'm going to forget how precious these little limbs are!

After four weeks, a lot of people have asked us if Reagan is sleeping well at night and if we are getting sleep ourselves.  I'm not sure what "sleeping well" exactly means, because she sleeps for 18 hours a day like most newborns.  Reagan does have a set routine at night, so at least we know when to expect her breaks in sleep for a new diaper and feeding: Midnight, 3-4 AM and 5-6 AM.  And she will never cry just for the heck of it.  She always has a reason and it's one of the magic three: dirty diaper, hungry or needs to be held.
I think it's crazy that I can feel every single movement in a newborn's body when you hold her.  You can feel all the liquids that pass through her body (both the milk going in and the urine moving out), and you can feel the gasses that pass out, too.  You can usually hear all of her bodily functions working: burping, digestion of food inside and farting.  Her farts sound like a normal adult, and if I'm in the other room, I don't know if it's David, Reagan or Hank!  Reagan is so tiny that you feel all of these miraculous signs of life working as you hold her in your arms!
Finally, I started running again this week, for the first time since November.  It's also the first time in my life that I have ever felt any "boob jiggle" when I run.  It shocked me a little when I took my first few aggressive steps on the street and thought, "Where did this extra weight on my chest come from?!"  I've been a member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee for so long, and now I realize how I took that membership for granted.  It's a little distracting and uncomfortable when I run now, and I wondered if I was regretting having a secret envy for bigger boobs in my pre-baby life.  I may need to go shopping for some new sports bras!

David came home from work this afternoon and was holding Reagan in his arms and dancing around with her.  I took this picture of them together in the kitchen.  When we looked at the picture after, it was incredible to see how they had the same cute smile in this moment.  I think it's my favorite picture yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment