Friday, November 7, 2014

Ma Petite Fleur!

David was very nice to bring Reagan to my cross country team banquet on Thursday evening.  David took care of her while I presented awards and said thank you to runners and parents at the end.  My "cross county family" has been very supportive, so it was nice to bring Reagan and connect with everyone at the end of the season.
 Grandma Nancy suggested that we put the "running shoe booties" on for the banquet.  My dear colleague and Latin instructor at my school knitted these adorable booties for Reagan as a gift at my baby shower last spring.  She finally fit into them, and it was just perfect timing for this banquet that celebrated the accomplishments of the cross country teams that I coached!


Reagan wore her French "Ma Petite Fleur" bib from her Aunt Carly tonight.  Reagan loved it!  She was ready to eat and looked cute doing it!

That smile!!!


 We found this cute rose hat within her closet!
 Uncle Tyler came over to play "baby whisperer" for the evening.

My family in Wisconsin (Uncle Bill, Aunt Carly, Uncle Charlie, Grandpa Don, and Grandma Susan) called us through "Face Time" to have a chat on Friday night.  We did some dancing to Taylor Swift's hit song "Shake It Off" and Reagan blew some spit bubbles to show off.  It was an enjoyable Friday night!
The big milestone this week was that Reagan began sleeping in the crib in her own room (with her Grandma Nancy sleeping in a bed beside her, of course).  
 Uncle Ryan set up the monitor a few weeks ago, and I just love seeing her sleep so peacefully in the other room.  This week, she woke up once at 4:00 AM every day, except for Wednesday night when she slept almost through the night from 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM.  If Reagan needs to wake up once in the night, I like when she wakes up at 4, because then I can take a nap from 5-7 before I leave for work in the morning.  I feel blessed to have such a healthy baby for whom I am happy to wake up for in the middle of the night for cuddle time!
Look at those arms up in the air when she sleep!  That's enough motivation for me to get my work finished by 5:00 PM before I come home every day to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment