Sunday, February 23, 2014

16 weeks: 17 questions

1) How far along?  16 weeks
2) Total weight gain? Not sure. Maybe another pound. They'll probably weigh me tomorrow at my doctor's appointment. (My guess is that I am 134 pounds now.)
3) Maternity clothes? No, but I still have to be careful about what I wear at school, so I can hide the growing bump.  I'm not quite ready to share with "the public" yet. 
4) Stretch marks? Not yet.
5) Sleep? I'm trying to get as much as I can! I feel like I'm sleeping as much as Hank does every day. 
6) Best moment this week? (1) We loved the visit from Grandma Patsy and my mom last weekend, and then we got a nice, surprise visit from David's mom, Nancy, and Caroline's husband, Stefan, just two days ago.  (2) Knoxville was a nice "pit stop" for them to make as they drove north from North Carolina to Indiana. (3) Finally, last Monday's 15-week appointment was a good appointment. It was also on President's Day when I had no school and could relax for the day and reminisce about the new US pics before starting off the busy school week again. 
7) Miss Anything? I'm still anxious to start feeling less nauseous and more "cute" and normal again.  I just keep telling myself that it means good growth is going on inside my body if I keep feeling yucky. 
8) Movement? Not yet.  I heard it can come as early as 16 weeks but as late as 20 weeks for first time moms.

9) Food cravings? Still watermelon!  David went out to buy some at 9:00 PM last night on his way home from work when I "needed" some. :)  I like my bagel, cream cheese, turkey and avocado sandwiches, too! 
10) Anything making you queasy or sick? Sometimes scrambled eggs for breakfast...The two times that I really threw up were after I ate scrambled eggs.  But they taste so good!  David made me some this morning, and no puking so far today! We're both enjoying these new gummy fish oil vitamins that I found at Kroger.  They taste a lot better than the normal pills that you can see the oil in them! 
11) Gender? The doctor is 80% it's a GIRL. We will find out for sure 100% at Monday's appointment. 

12) Labor Signs? No
13) Symptoms? I still have lots of saliva in my mouth.  It grosses me out when I need to spit in the sink.  And then just my normal night-time nausea that hits me at 7:00 or so every night.
14) Belly Button in or out? In still, but I'm shocked at how much it's already starting to "move out"!
15) Wedding rings on or off? On
16) Happy or Moody? I'm trying to be happy and positive!  I feel like we have been through a whirlwind of emotions this past week!
17) Looking forward to what? I am ready to go to our Level 2 ultrasound appointment and to do the amniocentesis procedure tomorrow, so we know more information about the baby. We're saying prayers and thinking happy thoughts tonight!
I definitely feel like my stomach grew a little last week, but I don't know if you can see the change as clearly in my 16-week "bump" pics below:




No comments:

Post a Comment