Sunday, May 11, 2014

27 weeks: 17 questions

1) How far along? 27 weeks!  Some of my iPhone apps say that I'm already starting the 3rd trimester now, but most of my apps (yes, I have about 10) say that the 3rd trimester starts at 28 weeks. 

2) Total weight gain? I weighed 141 pounds at the doctor's appointment last week.  I started at 128, so I've gained 12 pounds so far. 
3) Maternity clothes? I gave in and bought a few dresses from Old Navy and Target because I am simply running out of clothes that fit.  But, I did not buy "maternity dresses," just dresses in size Large and XL because they were better than what I saw in the maternity section.  I already told David that I'm going to wear his shirts and athletic shorts for the summer once I don't need to wear nice clothes for school anymore.
4) Stretch marksNo
5) Sleep? Yes, trying!  Two more weeks of school and getting up early.
6) Best moment this week? My school colleagues hosted a very nice baby shower for me last Thursday after school.  Thank you, friends!
7) Miss Anything? No.  Life is good!
8) Movement? Yes, lots of kicks now!  It will never get old.  I love it!
9) Food cravings? Got some more watermelon from the grocery store last weekend!
10) Anything making you queasy or sick?  Still mint stuff...just used my watermelon toothpaste tonight!
11) Gender? Girl
12) Labor Signs? No
13) Symptoms? Not necessarily connected to the pregnancy, but the allergies here in Knoxville are kicking my butt!  And I'm not supposed to take any allergy medicine, so I'm just dealing with it.  One friend told me that honey helps.  I don't usually eat/drink honey in drinks, but I may start.
14) Belly Button in or out? Out!
15) Wedding rings on or off? On
16) Happy or Moody?  Happy!  
17) Looking forward to what? I have my next doctor's appointment coming up already on May 20th. My doctor is starting to schedule me for bi-weekly appointments, so it's fun not to have such a big countdown to my next appointment and have the 1-month wait cut in half now!  Also, David and I are heading up to Indiana in two weeks for the annual family gathering at his parents' house in Culver and the Indy 500 Race for Memorial Day Weekend.




 27-week belly pictures

I tried to take some "selfies" before I left for the baccalaureate ceremony at my school on Sunday evening.
But then, I just had David take some of me when I got home, because I couldn't get any good angles.
And, I know he enjoys taking them.
And, our guest room AKA our nursery is starting to fill up with both our own laundry and baby clothes.
This week, the baby is about the size of a bunch of bananas, so I grabbed the bananas from our kitchen for comparison.


Here, David said he took a close-up picture to zoom in on the faint watermelon stain on my dress from tonight.  Thanks.











No comments:

Post a Comment