Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My lovely students

Ahhh, it's the middle of the week, and not just any week, but the LAST week of classes!  Woohoo!

I must be having a belly growth spurt this week because my students are starting to act extra nice to accommodate a pregnant teacher and making comments on the side to their peers about how big I'm getting....

First, a sweet female student quickly offered to carry my purse for me as I was carrying it with me to my classroom this morning.  She actually asked me if "it was heavy" before she offered to carry it, and I responded with a puzzled look, "Well, I guess it's kind of heavy... I have lots of junk in my purse!" as I laughed about it.  But, she was serious and wanted to help me.  I wonder if I looked like I was really struggling this morning??

Then, this afternoon, a few of my former students came to visit me after lunch and just say "hello."  After they left my room, another of my former students, we'll call him "Bob," came into my room, and he said that those students that had just visited me to say hi were talking in the hall afterwards and saying “She is SOOOO pregnant!!!"  So, "Bob" came to see me since those other students apparently thought I grew tremendously from when they last saw me!  

I still don't feel "that big" for being 26.5 weeks now, but, as funny as it sounds, I'm eager to have the "basketball under my shirt" soon.  I think it's more fun to have a big bump... I'll probably regret saying that in two months.


26 weeks, 3 days

Hank joined me for some pictures today!


No comments:

Post a Comment