Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mid-week celebrations!

Yesterday, David and I went out for lunch at Newk's, our favorite sandwich/soup/salad shop in Knoxville.  I only had 1/2 day of classes and David only had to work in the morning at Fairways & Greens.  

Gosh, I hope that our baby girl gets her daddy's Italian olive skin color and not my Snow White fair skin.  The light glares off of my skin onto David when we're next to each other.


We have been working really hard to watch our spending and to save money since the bills will be much bigger once August rolls around.  We have been trying to start saving in general, since we had been living from paycheck to paycheck the last few years, and everyone always say, "Start putting away college money as soon as they're in diapers!"


We splurged with a lunch date out to eat and we were also celebrating some exciting stuff this week.  First, my ultrasound appointment on Tuesday went well.  The doctor said that everything looks good and we're right on track for measurements and all healthy!


Second, David got an offer and accepted a full-time job as an assistant manager at the Tennessee National Golf Club in Loudon!!!  Woohoo!  Thanks to our good friends, Amy, Jamie, Byron, Tyler and David's Callaway boss at his other part-time job, David had some good recommendations passed on about him to his interviewers, and they liked him enough to ask him to join their team.  I'm so proud of him!  He is very excited about it, and so am I!

 


Link to TN National: http://www.tennesseenational.com 







No comments:

Post a Comment