Saturday, March 12, 2016

First weekend ALONE with 2 babies....

Today was the beginning of my first weekend by myself taking care of two kids under 19 months.  I was very anxious about it all week, and, unlike most people, dreaded the approaching weekend when David would be at work and I would do my best to keep both kids uninjured and myself sane Saturday and Sunday.  

Saturday ended up much better than I expected.  I was pretty scared that Reagan would pull a blanket out from under Max or that I would drop a baby as I carried both Reagan and Max up and down the stairs every time they needed a diaper change, but both kids were happy and healthy, and I was in pretty good shape mentally myself by the end of today.  We'll see how tomorrow goes (fingers crossed, knock on wood!). 

Reagan behaved and even helped me by finding a diaper for Max when I changed him and brought a blanket over for him when he needed it.  She is embracing her role as the protective sister of Baby max. 

Max and Reagan helped me out by synchronizing well their nap, eating and diaper changing schedules today so that I could do everything for both babies today.  Reagan fell asleep at her regular scheduled 12:00 nap time and Max was efficient with his feeding.  I was even able to eat my own lunch and give Max a sponge bath during Reagan's two-hour nap. 

Our new neighbors to the right of us moved in today.  It's a married couple with 7-year old twin girls. We met them this morning when we took Hank out to walk, and then Reagan saw the girls and their friends playing outside in their yard from our window, so we joined them this afternoon in the 80-degree sunny weather.  

In other news, Max's dried-out umbilical cord stump fell off, so now he doesn't have this odd-looking black root sticking out from his belly.  The weird thing is that I don't know where it fell off, and I checked his clothes, his old diaper and the floor so it will probably turn up somewhere unexpected and unpleasantly surprise us when we're changing a diaper or playing in the bonus room. 















No comments:

Post a Comment