Sunday, June 1, 2014

30 weeks: 17 questions

1) How far along? 30 weeks!  It's surreal that we will be in the "full term" stage in 7 weeks...less than 2 months. 
2) Total weight gain? I weighed 142.5 pounds last Thursday, so I've gained about 15 pounds since October. 
3) Maternity clothes? Not wearing any now and hopefully not getting any more! I'm transitioning into wearing David's shirts and shorts now!
4) Stretch marksNo, but my belly is feeling very tight! 
5) Sleep? I graded a lot of exams last week and did some massive cleaning of our apartment, although we still have a lot more to do, so I've been pushing myself lately.  But now I have some flexibility to take naps during the day while getting lesson plans ready for my maternity leave.
6) Best moment this week? Several!  
David's sister, Caroline, came to visit on Monday night before she continued on her way down see her husband, Stefan, in North Carolina.
She brought her dog, Tripp, also Hank's "cousin."  And Aunt Caro generously gave us another baby gift that she found in NC.  
David and I love our Rainbows sandals, so Caroline bought a pair of 3-month old Rainbow sandals for Baby Peaches!  The little girl can even wear them like her parents within 3 months because it's still mild down here in Tennessee in fall and winter. 
David and our friend, Tyler, picked up a nice crib on Wednesday from my generous colleague at school who was no longer using it and gave it to us. Thursday, my doctor's appointment went well when I asked my doctor to check on the baby's movements, and everything was fine. 

On Friday, David played his first round of golf at the Tennessee National golf club, where he started working as an Assistant Manager on Sunday.  Our friend and club member, Jamie introduced him to other club members, and they had a nice dinner afterwards where he got to know some of the golfers. David did really well and loved his first day of work at Tennessee National today.  Jamie's wife and my good friend, Amy P., had a girls' dinner date at Newk's while the boys played golf.  I don't get to see Amy P. much, so it was a nice treat!  Last night, we went out to dinner with our only real "family" by blood in Knoxville.  My Uncle John's cousin, Pam, and her husband, Charlie, lived in Knoxville before we came down here, and they have joined us for half a dozen dinner dates over the last four years that we've lived in Knoxville.  We really enjoy going out with them and look forward to it every month or two that we can plan it. They always have great stories for us and make us laugh, and they gave us some adorable orange and white baby girl clothes and a pair of cute shoes!  We have lots of pink stuff already, so

we welcomed the orange and white UT Vols colors to the baby's wardrobe.  I asked Charlie and Pam for permission to post a picture of us from the restaurant, and they graciously let me document our dinner date on the blog, so here it is! David and I grabbed some frozen yogurt at our favorite place, Orange Leaf, after dinner. 



7) Miss Anything? Nothing in particular
8) Movement? Yes, but the kicks seemed a lot more frequent over Memorial Day Weekend than this past week so I went to the doctor on Thursday.  Then this weekend, they were still less frequent but STRONG, and I even saw some "bulges" for longer than a second on the side of my belly, which were weird but cool!
9) Food cravings? Fruits and anything cold in this steamy, summer weather in Tennessee.  Now that I have a little extra time without classes, I'm going to finally use our blender from our wedding registry, that we have yet to use, even to make margaritas... and find some good smoothie recipes to put to use!  

David made fun of me when he saw me bring home a big bag of kale, almond milk, protein power and almond butter to mix with yogurt and frozen fruit... BUT I'll perfect a recipe one of these days and he'll be impressed. 
10) Anything making you queasy or sick?  Still the mint toothpaste!
11) Gender? Girl
12) Labor Signs? Well, I didn't think so... until my doctor told me at my appointment last Thursday that I was experiencing the "fake contractions," otherwise known as Braxton Hicks contractions, which I mistook for just really big baby kicks. So, maybe?  Yikes, I'm not ready yet!
13) Symptoms? Weird dreams!  I keep waking up in the middle of the night and talking in my sleep.  David sometimes writes down what I say in his phone so he doesn't forget. 
14) Belly Button in or out? Out
15) Wedding rings on or off? On
16) Happy or Moody? Happy! Feeling good and a lot of positive things to celebrate from this week! 
17) Looking forward to what? Doctor's check-up on Tuesday and getting some cleaning and nursery set-up done!  And just pushing the "slow down" button after going non-stop at school for this past month.  


 30-week belly pictures:






No comments:

Post a Comment