Monday, June 23, 2014

34 weeks: 17 questions

1) How far along? 34 weeks...8 1/2 months pregnant
2) Total weight gain? I weighed 145 pounds last week, so the total weight gain is 17 pounds. 
3) Maternity clothes? Yes, just a few dresses so that I don't look like a thug all of the time wearing David's athletic shorts that go down 3 inches past my knees. 
4) Stretch marks No marks! 
5) Sleep? Yes, I have been sleeping and napping a lot, but I'm starting to wake up in the middle of the night, and it's not always to just use the bathroom.  I have been having the worst nightmares, several of them with SVU themes from my favorite TV show.  I'll wake up in the middle of the night and yell at David to save me from a rape incident.  Yikes! I have to start reading/watching more pleasant stuff before I fall asleep.
6) Best moment this week? My doctor printed out some cool 3-D ultrasound pictures last week and I had healthy reports.  
We got some pool time at the Chapman house, and we thank them for allowing us to visit as often as we do!
After David's help with cleaning off my toenail polish on Saturday night, it was nice to have a pedicure date with Amy P. on Sunday and catch up!
Finally, David left on the Brewers game for us to actually watch together tonight!  He hates the Brewers, but there was really nothing else on TV.  And, he got a kick out of watching this Milwaukee fan enjoying his cheese curds who was caught on TV below. 
7) Miss Anything? I don't move around as fast as I used to, and doing a load of laundry in one day feels like a huge accomplishment to me, but I'm okay with slowing down my pace of life a little bit. 
8) Movement? Yes!  I still wake up early in the morning because of it, and it doesn't bother me! The kicks and punches never get old.
9) Food cravings? Lots of fruit.  I've been perfecting fruit smoothies at home with our blender, minus the big bag of kale that I bought several weeks ago!
10) Anything making you queasy or sick? Still the mint flavor and smell in anything, so I put away temporarily a hand soap with mint flavor from Bath & Body Works in a cabinet and replaced it with another hand soap dispenser. As much as I have been bashing mint lately, my favorite ice cream flavor is still mint chocolate chip. 
11) Gender? Girl
12) Labor Signs? No
13) SymptomsVery tired!  And weird dreams
14) Belly Button in or out? Out
15) Wedding rings on or off? They're still on and not even tight yet, to my surprise at this late stage in the pregnancy.  I might be speaking too soon, and my fingers will swell like sausages next week!
16) Happy or Moody? A little moody because I've been so tired lately as I try to get things done at school and around the apartment. 
17) Looking forward to what? David and I will meet his mom and grandma for lunch in Cincinnati this week as I make my way up with David's parents to Wisconsin for the weekend.  My lovely female family members in Wisconsin have generously offered to throw an intimate baby shower for me on Saturday.  I haven't been back home since Christmas, so it'll be nice to see everyone! 



 34-week belly pictures:

I love this maternity dress that my mom-in-law, Nancy, gave to me because it's so comfortable and keeps me cool in the summer!  I asked my husband nicely to take some pictures of me because I was getting bored with the normal "selfies."  Most of them are awkward, and I'm pretty sure that David did that on purpose.


And here is my photographer and his canine helper.  The photographer was a little camera-shy after the photo shoot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment