Monday, June 16, 2014

33 weeks: 17 questions

1) How far along? 33 weeks...8 1/4 months pregnant...49 days until Aug. 4th!
2) Total weight gain? I think it's still 15 pounds right now, but I get weighed at my doctor's appointment tomorrow. (So far, 128 to 143 pounds)
3) Maternity clothes? Just a few, but I'm trying to stick with t-shirts and comfy shorts. 
4) Stretch marks No, but I am definitely seeing the "dark line" that runs vertically through my belly button, otherwise known as the "linea nigra," caused by pregnancy hormones.  Apparently it will fade away later. 
5) Sleep? Yes, I'm sleeping just fine and doing a LOT of it. 
6) Best moment this week? Thursday, I met with a nurse and a pediatrician at the Knoxville Pediatric Associates office located nearby, thanks to recommendations from our friends, Amy B. and Joy, and we'll probably use this particular nurse and pediatrician, so we can check that off of our to-do list! 
Saturday, I went with my other "Amy friend" in Knoxville, Amy P., to Tennessee National Golf Club, so that I could see this magical place where my husband now works and loves his job.  Amy and I grabbed some sandwiches, watched part of the U.S. Open in the clubhouse, then attempted to play some decent golf with her husband, Jamie, and David.  It's been a while since I've worn shoes with laces in them in my recent months of pregnancy and I have been living in my sandals every day, so since I couldn't bend down to tie my own golf shoes, David helped me out... I felt like I was the 7-year-old girl getting my hockey skates tied on years ago! 
Finally, after I went back to school today (and the rest of this week) to plan for our new proficiency-based curriculum in the fall and David had a full day at Tennessee National, we called up our friend, Walt, late this afternoon and asked if we could head over to his pool after work.  He let us come over, and it was so refreshing to wade, or in my case "waddle," in the pool on this 95-degree summer day in Tennessee. Hank swam for three hours straight chasing his water toys, while we watched the USA vs. Ghana World Cup game on the TV outside.
7) Miss Anything? Not really
8) Movement? Yes, lots and it wakes me up in the morning usually... my "natural" alarm clock!
9) Food cravings?  Fruit and water
10) Anything making you queasy or sick? Nothing new
11) Gender? Girl
12) Labor Signs? No
13) Symptoms? Exhaustion!
14) Belly Button in or out? Very much out and saying "hello" through my shirts!
15) Wedding rings on or off? Still on
16) Happy or Moody? Happy! Super busy and feel like I have 50 things on my to-do list, but being busy is usually good!
17) Looking forward to what? Getting some lesson planning done this week to prepare for my fall maternity leave before I head north to Wisconsin next week to visit with family!

Count down = 1.5 months!  

 33-week belly pictures:

Big belly this week!  While I have been wearing "summer casual" clothes lately, I needed to dress up my outfit a little today as I go on campus this week to work with my colleagues on our new proficiency-based curriculum... So, I couldn't just wear David's shirt and shorts and instead needed to fit into one of my own, "more appropriate" shirts for an official work day.  Obviously, it doesn't fit very well... I guess that means it wasn't necessarily  "appropriate"?  Oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment