Tuesday, June 3, 2014

31-Week Doctor's Appt and Nursery Clean-Up

I went in for a very brief doctor's appointment this morning to check the fetal heartbeat. It was still in the 150s, and she even kicked the nurse through my belly when she was listening with the heartbeat monitor.  I still think that the kicks have not been as frequent but they have been stronger.
My doctor said that now is the time to "get going" into 3rd gear with "the process," which I assume she is referring to the preparation for labor.  It still seems far away to me.  She says I'm measuring 31 weeks now.

Over the last seven months, I was eager and couldn't wait for my monthly scheduled appointment.  I counted down the days before each time that I went in, but now I am going to see my doctor much more frequently with two appointments per week!


And, since my doctor is allergic to latex gloves and the plan had always been to to use one of her partner doctors to deliver our baby, I'm going to start going downtown and meeting up with those doctors as we get closer to the full-term weeks, 37-40.  I already have an appointment for downtown on July 7th with the doctor who ironically performed the D&C surgery on me last May.  

The Tennessee National Golf Club was closed today, so David and I took advantage of his day off to clean up our apartment.  We took apart the desk in our guest room and donated it, along with several chairs, that were taking up space, so we could make room for the crib and other baby essentials.  We are fortunate to live very close to a Goodwill thrift store, so we drove there today to donate our furniture.  They were very happy to take it all.  As you can see, our "nursery" is still a mess, but that's what my flexible summer hours are for!






Somebody was exhausted after all of the cleaning and moving, but to his credit, he did most of the work and I did the watching and instruction-giving!


My smoothie creations started out disastrously yesterday with an experimental recipe involving kale, almond butter, Greek vanilla yogurt, protein powder and a vanilla Snack Pack for some sugar back-up in case it lacked flavor...  It was awful, and I even tried to add some scoops of Nestle Nesquik cocoa powder, but it didn't help.  I couldn't even force myself to drink more than a few sips of it without feeling like I was going to vomit.  I'm convinced that the kale ruined it, so I don't think that I'm ever going to use that green stuff again.  Caroline did tell me that I need to use a juicer instead of a blender if I want to try the kale again.  I tried making a strawberry vanilla smoothie using the blender today without any kale and it was definitely consumable this time.  David even took a chance and had half of the batch. I'm trying so hard to get in some good nutrients for this baby!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment