Sunday, June 22, 2014

Where are my toes???

Last night, David got home from work, and I was getting ready for bed.  It was Saturday night, but we were both tired so didn't have exciting plans.  I wanted to clean off the nail polish on my toes, but I don't know why I thought I could possibly accomplish this if I was already having trouble even reaching as far as my ankles to shave my legs in the shower these days!

So, I asked David a big favor to use my cotton swabs and nail polish remover to do the deed to my dainty feet.  It's not like I asked him to give me a foot massage or anything more, but I was happy for  him to pamper me a little!  He laughed and said, "Oh, here she is... Pregnant Peaches!"  But, he accepted the invitation, and I appreciated it!




I don't think that my feet really smelled... He was just being a drama queen about it.

Then, since I couldn't clean up my feet on my own like I could do months ago, I figured it was a good time to get a pedicure as a final pampering of my feet before it's "go time" at the hospital in, what could be, as early as three weeks from today... but, I'm hoping for something more like six weeks, considering that I still have plenty to cross off on my "to do" list in this next month. 

One of our two dear Amy friends in Knoxville, Amy P., joined me to the cheap but really good nail salon down the street from our apartment, and we got some pink pedicures.  

Amy P's toes

My toes

The lady that painted Amy's toes was also 8 months pregnant, but she was expecting her fourth child, and she was pretty huge!  She was surprised when we told her that I was also 8 months pregnant and said that I looked "so small," but I told her that this was my first.  Afterwards, I went to the mall to run some errands, and a sales clerk also told me that I "looked tiny" for being 8 months pregnant... Gosh, I wonder if I'll explode like a balloon in the next month and maybe, finally, I'll get the "You look huge and like you're going to pop" comments?!?!   My butt feels huge, so I'm happy that no one is noticing that! 

The summer solstice was this weekend.  It's nice to enjoy these long, summer days with plenty of daylight and a variety of pineapples, peaches, and other fun fruits that I can find at the grocery store now to enjoy in the Tennessee summer heat!  


But, the mood was a little somber with news that David and I heard this past weekend about some close people in our lives.  The mother of his boss of his part-time club fitting job was very ill and passed away this weekend.  This boss had helped him to get his current full-time job that he works along with the club fitting still, and they had become close.  Also, a 15-year-old student-athlete with whom I had worked in the fall was struggling last weekend with his cancer treatments and was unexpectedly transferred to the intensive care unit.  I had been thinking about this student for the last few months during his fight against this ugly cancer, and I just hope that he is getting strength and support without too much pain in these last few tough days.  

We are keeping both of these families in our thoughts and prayers.  Life is so short and so precious... As I am about to bring a new life into this world in just a month, I want David and I to savor every moment that we have with Baby Peaches and the family and great friends that we are fortunate to have around us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment