Monday, June 9, 2014

32 weeks (SKIPPED 31): 17 questions

1) How far along? 32 weeks!  (I skipped the weekly "17 questions" for 31 weeks, because my nurse said I was measuring one week ahead now.)


2) Total weight gain? 15 pounds (I weigh 143.)
3) Maternity clothes? Yes and no... I found two new maternity dresses on sale at Target last week, which felt like a splurge for me, because I hardly go shopping, but a necessity at this point!  Other than that, I'm living in David's t-shirts and athletic shorts.
4) Stretch marks? No.  People keep telling me that I look "SO SMALL" and maybe I do for being 8 months pregnant, but the skin around my belly feels like it is stretched a lot and I can feel the tightness!  
5) Sleep? YES and A LOT.  I go to bed at a decent hour now, even with school out, but I have been taking 2-hour naps on a daily basis, and I am not normally a "nap person."
6) Best moment this week?  It was an uneventful week. But when I asked David to help me out with this question, he said, "I know what is NOT my favorite moment this week... the fact that my t-shirt supply is going to dwindle fast!"  He only owns about 50 t-shirts. 


7) Miss Anything? No, I'm burning off any energy I had before to go running by wearing out Hank with frequent walks during the day.  He and I have a similar nap schedule now, too.
8) Movement? Yes, not as frequent as two weeks ago, but I'm still feeling big kicks and jabs.  I can see parts of my belly poking out on each side every once in a while. (This is NOT a photo of my belly below, and I did not see a foot actually pushing out of my belly, but that's what it feels like and it was more like a bump sticking out.) 

9) Food cravings?  Just fruit in general. I've accepted that I have lost my taste buds for any food this whole pregnancy.  I'm hoping they come back in August!
10) Anything making you queasy or sick?  Besides the mint toothpaste, my "moroccan oil" scented shampoo and conditioner have made me nauseous for 
months, but I bought two huge bottles, so I've been sucking it up and using them because I don't want to buy new stuff, and at least it makes my hair looks extra shiny!
11) Gender? Girl
12) Labor Signs? No, nothing that I think are labor signs, even though my doctor said I was having Braxton Hicks contractions last week.
13) SymptomsIs NAPPING a symptom?  I am just not a napper, and I have been taking a 2-hour nap every day after I eat breakfast, no matter how much I try to stay and awake and get things checked off of my "to do" list.  I'm lucky to have a flexible summer schedule because I don't know how I could walk around and teach kids for 8 hours a day at this point being almost 8 months pregnant!
14) Belly Button in or out? Definitely OUT now! It pops through my t-shirts.
15) Wedding rings on or off? On
16) Happy or Moody? Moodier than usual... Hank was having diarrhea all last week, so he helped me practice my irregular sleep schedule for when the baby comes by waking us up every night last week and running out into the fields
behind our apartment to do his business. Poor guy. He was eating a lot of human junk food last week, but I think he's better now.  I just get cranky when I stay up really late or don't get a lot of sleep each night.  But, I know what I'm in for in two months, so I'm not trying to complain too much now!
17) Looking forward to what? I have two doctor's appointments this week: Tuesday and Friday. Tuesday the doctor will do an ultrasound and another stress test for kicks and/or contractions. I start tutoring some students and coaching summer cross country practice already this week, too, so I'm keeping busy!  


 32-week belly pictures:


David is allowing me to start wearing his size Large shirts for the summer.  I'm trying to wear his "least favorites" so that it's easier for him to part with them for the next two months!








No comments:

Post a Comment