Friday, June 20, 2014

33 weeks, 4 days doctor's appointment

I went to my 2nd doctor's appointment this week.  My own blood pressure was good: 106 over 88.

Before the nurse put the two straps with monitors around my belly for the non-stress test, she looked at my belly with a funny look and noticed how it did not have its normal round shape, but rather had two bumps sticking out, one toward my upper, right side and the other toward my left, lower pelvic side.  She thought it was probably the baby's butt sticking up at the top and the head below.  I didn't really notice this because I usually have my shirt on and don't start at my bare belly.

The baby was kicking well on the non-stress test, and my doctor was happy with the "lines on the strip" that printed out after 20 minutes, in regards to the fetal heartbeat and the uterus contractions.

The doctor said that I was having more frequent and stronger "fake contractions" today, according to the stats on the printed strip.  She said that this was a good thing because it shows that my body is "practicing" for the real contractions and is getting ready for a normal vaginal delivery, rather than me not experiencing any increase of contractions in these next weeks and then going to the hospital for 10 hours of labor and probably forcing a C-section delivery.  She thinks that I'll still deliver earlier  than my Aug. 4th due date, but not as early as in the next two weeks.  Of course, we're just hoping and guessing, and we won't really know what's going to happen until delivery day.

And, I'm still waiting to hear back from my insurance to see if I can deliver in the hospital with my OBGYN doctor's partner (since my OBGYN that I see now is allergic to latex gloves) AND receive the appropriate in-network benefits... I'm checking the post mail every day.  My nurse and doctor keep asking me if I have heard anything back.

Anyway... Below, the theme was "3D hands" for my doctor who printed out two ultrasound pictures this morning. It is amazing to see what we can do with technology these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment