Wednesday, July 2, 2014

35 weeks, 2 days doctor's appointment

I went to my last doctor's appointment with my primary OBGYN today.  From now on, I will see the other doctor in downtown Knoxville twice a week that will deliver the baby, since my primary doctor is allergic to latex gloves.

My doctor said that I had a belly growth spurt since last week.  It was so reassuring to hear that from her, since all I've heard is that I "look so small" for an almost 9-month pregnant lady.
My blood pressure was good and my normal "low" at 106 over 62, and I weighed 145 pounds.

I felt a little light-headed again this morning but not as bad as last time when I needed to move to another room.  They fixed the chair for me and future patients to make the angle bigger and more comfortable for anyone lying down on the chair during their ultrasound appointments in that room.

The baby girl weighs 5 pounds, 8 ounces now, according to the measurements from the ultrasound machine.  That puts her in the 34th percentile.  The doctor said that she is growing a little more slowly in this last week, but that she still looks healthy.
 


My doctor was super excited to FINALLY get a front view of the entire face at my final appointment with her.  My mom, Susan, came with me this time, and my doctor called her a "good luck charm" because we had been trying for a few months to get this perfect front view picture of the baby's face on the machine.

And, once again, my doctor said, "She keeps looking a lot like your husband!"  I'm curious to see what this female David Haase is going to look like in a month!

My insurance is still being a pain in the butt about giving me in-network benefits for the hospital where my doctor wants her partner to deliver my baby, but we are patiently working on it and hope it all comes together sooner than later in these next four weeks...

So, we decided to forget about it and get some frozen yogurt!

My mom and David at the fro yo place on a steamy evening in Knoxville.

No comments:

Post a Comment