Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Doctor's appt: 37 weeks, 1 day

David and I went to our 37 weeks (+ 1 day) doctor's appointment this morning.

First, the ultrasound technician examined the baby with the ultrasound machine.  Everything looked healthy.  She is a small baby still, but they won't give us a weight measurement until next week.  The technician was not worried about the small size because she said that I'm a "small mom" and that the baby's head and body measurements were all proportional. 

She said that there was a lot of fluid around the baby, and while it was on the high side, it's not alarming, just something to keep an eye on. 

She said again that "there is a lot of hair on that baby."

I also asked the ultrasound technician, just out of my curiosity, if she thought that the baby had "dropped."  She said that she does not think so, because it would have been difficult to "get a good head shot" with the ultrasound machine if the baby had dropped in my belly, and she was able to see the baby's head this morning with the machine.  However, she did say that the baby's head was in the downward position facing toward my back.

Second, the doctor talked to us.  She did not check my cervix today for how much, if any, I dilated.  She looked at the ultrasound measurements and was happy with what she saw.  

Since everything looked good, even if the baby was measuring small now, and since I was not having painful contractions, the doctor said that when we return next Tuesday, July 22nd, this will be the "BIG appointment."  She will measure dilation and the baby's weight, and then we will make a game plan for a possible induction appointment after Week 39, if I don't go into natural labor before then.  

The doctor said that there is no way that they will let me go past my due date, and that if everything looks good and if I'm still pregnant when I measure 39 weeks on Monday, July 28th, then they will probably go ahead and induce me any day that week.  

So... nothing too exciting at today's appointment, but sometimes "boring" is good when it means "healthy."  


July 15, 2014: 37 weeks, 1 day



No comments:

Post a Comment