Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Coming SOON...5 days or less!

First of all, our 38-week doctor's appointment was at 7:30 this morning, so when we got the news that we would see our baby in 5 days, I wanted to post an update right away, but Comcast was not working.  It has been SOOOOO frustrating to have Comcast as our internet provider at our apartment for the last 4 years, and we can't even change providers because we live in an apartment complex.  I'm so angry when we pay such large bills every month for TV and internet, and they don't even  provide good service... in and out just about every week!  And it's true what they say about the price going up a few bucks every few months for no reason!  I know, because I keep track of our bills from each month and save them all, so I have kept track of the ridiculous price hikes.  And then Comcast charges us a late fee twice in the last 4 months for not paying a bill that I never received in the post mail because they switched  my preferences to "eco-bills" TWICE without my consent and I never see them unless I check the Comcast email address that I never use!  I do not need this stress right now with everything els that I'm trying to do with the apartment, school, cross country and health in general before this weekend!  Ughhhhhh.... RANT OVER.

Anyway, I'm a cranky and exhausted pregnant lady who can finally post on her blog at 10:00 PM when the internet started working again, so the GOOD news is that if I don't go into labor myself soon, the doctors will induce me at midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning!  We can't believe it's finally happening and a miniature version of both of us will be here this weekend! 


We will be "unpregnant" in 5 days!  Even at 9 1/2 months pregnant, I still don't completely believe that there is a little human growing inside of me.  There's really not much room in my belly anymore, but she still moves a lot!
The ultrasound technician took a picture of the "rolls" on the baby's body that she saw on the machine.  She said these were rolls of skin.  That was the first time we had seen something like this!  Again, like our previous technicians had said, the lady noted how much the baby was moving and how much hair she had.  She was breathing well and often, and she looked healthy overall.

 The technician gave us an estimated weight for the baby of 6 pounds, 3 ounces for this week.  However, I've heard that the estimates can be off by a whole pound, and that the baby loses weight when she is born anyway.
I definitely don't fit well into my own shirts that I wear to the doctor's appointments, but I don't want to look like a thug wearing David's large-sized shorts and t-shirts.  

I'm feeling pretty exhausted this last week as I finish organizing basically my whole life before the induction on Sunday evening, so David is trying to keep me de-stressed and we appreciate the support from family and friends in texts, emails and phone calls as we get ready for the baby girl on Sunday (or earlier)!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are all looking forward to pictures and posts of your baby girl. I'm sure the grandparents are getting quite anxious as well. Best of luck this week! We send our love and good thoughts for an easy delivery.

    ReplyDelete