Sunday, July 6, 2014

Saturday Parties in Knoxville

Yesterday was a productive and fun day for us in Knoxville.  First, my mom and I found the perfect dresser/storage shelf for the myriad of baby girl clothes that are found throughout my apartment.  It was exactly what we were looking for in terms of design, size (since space is limited in our guest/baby room!) and a very good price.  We found it at Costco, where I also signed us up for a Costco membership, so that David and I can save some money on tons of diapers and paper towels for the next year!
Then, after a long morning of running errands and organizing the baby room slowly but surely, Booze and I went to the 1st Birthday Party for Jude, the precious boy of our good friends, Amy and Chris B.   I can't believe that it was just a year ago when he came into their lives, and he was adorable as he indulged in his birthday cake!
 
 

Finally, my mom and I headed over to the co-ed baby shower / pool party for David and me, hosted at Walt and Mary Margaret Chapman's pool where we would meet up with David and other golf friends of Knoxville.  We want to thank Walt and MM Chapman for inviting us and others to use their house and pool for the party and for cooking the delicious burgers and beef brisket.
And, we want to say a BIG thank you to our other good "Amy friend" in Knoxville, Amy P., for setting up all of the fun decorations, providing a yummy baby shower "cupcake cake" with all the frosting I could dream of, serving my favorite Olive Garden salad and bread sticks, and of course, crowning me with my special "New Mom to-be" tiara that, strangely, fits much better on the head of a 10-year-old girl......
We want to say thank you to all of our wonderful friends in Knoxville that came to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Girl Haase.  It's unbelievable to me that we only have 4 weeks at the most until we meet her...... Lastly, thanks to my mom, Booze, and our friend, Suzanne, for taking the pictures below from our fun shower!
 
We played some "pool pong" as part of the tradition at the Chapman pool parties.  David drank the "loser" beer cups for me.   We almost beat Tyler and Suzanne in double overtime.  I made the winning shots for both overtimes, but then they beat us at the end.  I think being pregnant has helped tremendously both my beer pong and golf playing skills!  
There were plastic duck toys floating around in the pool to decorate the water for the co-ed baby shower!
David and I enjoyed opening all of the awesome gifts that our Knoxville friends brought for our baby girl.  From gift cards to butt paste to baby bottles to to monogrammed burping towels to adorable baby clothes, including bootleg cut jeans for a newborn from the "hostess with the mostess," Amy P., we feel grateful for all the wonderful gifts that our baby girl will love when she arrives!

*Notice the abundance of University of Tennessee decorations in our friends' living room... You can't escape the orange fever in Knoxville!

No comments:

Post a Comment