Monday, July 14, 2014

37 weeks update

37 weeks!  I'm considered "full term," according to most of the pregnancy apps on my iPhone and websites that I've read, except I did see elsewhere that 39 weeks is really considered full term.  In any case, it's the home stretch!


As you can see, I'm still sporting David's athletic shorts these days and hardly fitting into the last of my own "loose shirts." 


 I'm feeling well, but I'm also starting to feel stronger contractions.  They feel like really tight cramps but definitely aren't painful like I'd imagine they would be when it's time to push out a baby.  


 For sure, the baby's movement is stronger and even feels more frequent, which shocks me because there just can't possibly be any more room left inside my belly for the baby girl to move this much this late in the game!  I feel it the most at 4-5 AM every morning.  It's like watching a ping pong ball bounce against the inside walls of my belly now... so much movement!  I think she is trying to punch and kick her way out of my body.  


David's parents, Nancy and Fred, have been a big help with finishing up the guest room AKA baby room.  Well, I should probably give more of the credit to Nancy for her artistic element that she has added to the room and her running of errands and washing of baby clothes in the special baby detergent over the last few days during their stay in Knoxville.  Fred ran errands with us on Sunday, and he is keeping David calm and distracted from all of the baby craziness by playing some rounds of golf with him at the Tennessee National Golf Club after David's work.










After working hard to prepare for baby, we all went to our favorite frozen yogurt place, Orange Leaf. If a customer can scoop out the perfect amount of frozen yogurt from the machines with different flavors and put on just the right amount of toppings to come up with a dish of yogurt that weighs exactly 10.0 ounces, the customer does not have to pay for the frozen yogurt. 

So, guess who got exactly 10.0 oz?!?!?!


Here is Fred's PERFECTLY scooped frozen yogurt of vanilla and pistachio flavors.  He says it was the chocolate syrup that sealed the deal.


David and I go to our 37-week doctor's appointment tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM to talk with our newest OBGYN.  We met her last week for the first time, and we like her.  We're VERY curious to see what she thinks our timeline is for this baby's arrival.......


No comments:

Post a Comment