Friday, July 4, 2014

Golf break at 8.75 months pregnant

My mom and I have been busy cleaning out the guest room in our apartment to make room for baby.   We decided to take a break because we were feeling a little overwhelmed, so we went to play a round of golf with David yesterday afternoon when he finished work at the Tennessee National Golf Club.

It was a beautiful day, 85 degrees, in Knoxville on the course with few people out playing.  My mom claims that she played her best rounds of golf while 8 months pregnant, so of course I had to get one round of golf in this month before I don't get another chance. I actually played really well, so there may be some truth to that!  I'll be missing my extended family's annual golf tournament/reunion in late July this year for obvious reasons, so I was getting in my golf fix now.

My mom, Susan, on the tee box
 Susan tends the 2nd hold pin.
 David is happy after an eagle on the hole.
 I marked my ball with a unique design, so that nobody would mistake it for their own...
David tees off with a gorgeous background on the course
 Susan hits a killer shot with her hybrid.
 I hit a tee shot with my big belly.
I think the big belly improved my putting game, too.
 I use the belly momentum to my advantage on the fairway shots.
I think it was a good shot?!?!

My mom came down with me four summers ago to help me set up my apartment before starting my new teaching job in Tennessee.  This was before David and I even got engaged.  And this week in July, four years later, she graciously came back down with me to help set up the nursery in the guest room of our apartment, now that I'm married and with a baby on the way.  We accomplished a lot, but there is still plenty more to do!
 Hank was very anxious as we organized everything, following us from room to room and squeaking his toys.  He was probably wondering why we were making all these new changes in the apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment