Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cross Country Team Gifts

The boys' and girls' cross country teams that I coach surprised me with some wonderful baby gifts for Reagan today at the beginning of practice!  They wanted to thank me for continuing to coach this season while I'm technically on maternity leave.  I'm not going to lie... some days, it is a struggle to get both myself and Reagan ready to drive over for practice and the weekend meets, but it's definitely worth it to work with these kids every week!

 The runners gave us a card with sweet notes!  They also gave us a generous Target gift card for all of our runs to the store for diapers, wipes, butt paste, etc.  :)
One thing that I learned when I moved down to the South was that they LOVE to monogram everything!  I can't disagree... this little "princess blanket" with her initials RAH is adorable!
The kids even gave Reagan her first pair of Nike running shorts and workout tee-shirt!
 I just can't get over the baby Nike shorts!  It says they're for a 12-month year old, so I hope she can start modeling them close to the beginning of next summer!
 Below is a better picture to see how adorable these mini Nike shorts are in comparison to my own Nike running shorts.  I can't wait to put her in them with a pair of baby running sneakers!

Finally, the kids gave Reagan a onesie with her name on it in our Webb School colors, green, grey and white, and a little rattle toy.  It's hard to believe, because she's so small and had only been sleeping when she was not eating or getting her diaper changed, but we're starting to entertain her and  keep her "stimulated," as the doctors say, as she gets older. 

I told the kids that this little Reagan outfit is a perfect bedtime outfit for when I don't need to search for buttons or zippers on her outfit in the middle of the night when I'm changing her diaper!
 David said it kind of looks like she's in a cult with this outfit.  I thought it looked like she was in a potato sack. Anyway, she makes it looks good on her!
 David said, "Those kids at Webb are soooo nice!"  Several of my students, and now my cross country teams, have been so thoughtful and given us wonderful baby gifts for Reagan since they found out I was pregnant and now post-baby.  We really feel very grateful to be a part of such a nice community here in Knoxville.  The connections with these kids and their parents make those long, stressful days of teaching, coaching and mentoring here and there well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment