Thursday, September 18, 2014

Reagan's First Sick Day :(

I took Reagan to her first "sick appointment" with the doctor this afternoon.  
She is 7 1/2 weeks today. 

Yesterday, we noticed a lot of yellow-green gunk coming out of only her right eye, and it was crusting up on her eyelashes and on her cheek.  It didn't go away today, so I took her in just to check. If it were no big deal, then I would know for next time that we saw this "gunk" and just let it clear itself up.
The doctor said that yes, indeed, Reagan had a minor eye infection, so he prescribed her an ointment to put on her lower eyelid four times a day, for the next four days. 
Reagan was such a trooper, when she was patient while we drove from the doctor's office to Costco to pick up her prescription, and where I also needed to do a last-minute shopping trip to purchase snacks and Gatorade for my cross country team's competition this weekend.  I rocked her to sleep in her carseat in the shopping cart while I drove around hastily trying to find the snack items and Gatorade around the gigantic Costco warehouse until her prescription was ready... not easy to get around a Costco with a baby!
The doctor said that Reagan was healthy other than the infected eye.  
She weighed 10 pounds and 6 ounces on the scale today.  
The doctor said that she was growing well! 
 I hope this ointment works!  Reagan is sleeping like an angel now, so her mom can get some work done and so she can also join her daughter for some nap time soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment