Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Best at 8 weeks

We did a photo shoot with Reagan in her pretty white dress before we left for church this morning!  Reagan will be 8 weeks old tomorrow!
She is posing next to one of her favorite pillows, Mr. Humpty Dumpty, made by her cousin Kristin Hudak.






We tried to snap a few selfies in the mirror, but Reagan was thinking, "Mommy, let's just go! I'm ready!"

While it certainly wasn't easy to get a baby ready for church and to keep her at ease during the service, we did it today!  I think the hymns actually put Reagan in a peaceful state, and she was great.

The leaves are finally starting to change a little in color.  I thought it was late, but I must remember them changing earlier from when I lived up north.  I've turned off the lights in the apartment to help Reagan sleep...and to save some money on electricity!  We have a "Pumpkin Caramel Latte" flavored candle lit while Reagan's dad is at work today, because he thinks that the scent smells like mold and won't let me light it when he's here.
We're watching some football on this rainy day, and I'm catching up on school and coaching work emails.  Although I'm still on maternity leave, I'm trying to stay in the loop and keep up with my colleagues to prepare for my "physical return" to work in October.  I feel like I write 10x more emails now than I ever did before, but that's the beauty of the Internet to help me take care of a baby while keeping up with my career.  Sunday does feel a little more relaxing than it had in the past.  I think that having a kid helps you to put everything in perspective about how you spend your essential free time.  I've learned to be as efficient as possible with completing work and saving more time for family, friends and Hank dog!

I want to especially thank her Aunt Amy Phillips for babysitting Reagan on Saturday afternoon!  She gave me a few hours to go for a run and do a much-needed grocery trip to Kroger.  Reagan's eye infection is nearly gone, so she's a lot happier!  She's been a farting machine lately, and Amy P. was a victim of her many fart clouds Saturday afternoon, but it's so cute when Reagan makes her expressions to clear out her system and has an angelic smile on her face afterwards!  Amy P. is a baby whisperer and such a good influence for little baby Reagan Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment